Meditation with Spanda Makt
Join Spanda Makt for a two hour experience to the center of You
Instructor: Spanda Makt [email protected]
www.SoulBasedLiving.us] [ Two Hour Class ] $25
Why this course? Spanda had a moment of Awakening Light as a four year old child. Having lived in higher awareness his entire life, he still dedicated himself to a time of intense practice, spending six years meditating three hours per day. Raul has been guiding people in meditation for over twenty five years and has an international meditation teacher training course. This class will help to introduce students to a practice at a profound level appropriate for beginners and those with years of practice.
II. Course Aims and Outcomes:
The aim of this class is to introduce Spanda’s form of meditation to students in a manner in which the student can clearly understand, articulate and demonstrate.
A two hour course with Spanda will give one an understanding of meditation including all the forms of meditation (sitting, standing, lying down and walking meditation) and a general understanding of the 10 benefits of meditation.
• Know the 10 benefits of meditation including increased willpower, memory, focus, self healing, body sense, synchronicity, intuition, creativity, inspiration and vitality and how each of these are related to meditation practice.
• Know of the four types of meditation – sitting, standing, walking and lying down and how each differ from one another and why that is important for one’s practice.
• Gain an overall feeling of confidence from the class to reach a meditative state, increase focus and experience feelings of calmness.
• Feel inspired to pursue a life of meditation practice free from fear, anger or limiting beliefs that may hold some practitioners back from reaching a meditative state.
III. Format and Procedures:
Class structure will be two hours, or 120 minutes, and will consist of the following:
Introduction, explaining the basic concepts of meditation
Sitting Meditation, with focus on posture, breathing and understanding the use of a focal point
Standing Meditation, with focus on balance and body sense
Walking Meditation, focused on maintaining group awareness and synergy
Laying Meditation, to keep focused and alert while maintaining body sense and deep breathing.
Question & Answer Session
5 Minute Survey
Meditation is to ultimately reach a no-mind meditative state where thoughts come to rest. A profound sense of peace and sometimes even bliss can occur. Some people report profound healing, inspirations and discoveries. Unlike some meditation teachings, Spand’s does not say Consciousness nor Mind is the ultimate core of ourself, but rather a undefinable transcendent state that is beyond space/time.
Students will experience the four types of meditation with encouragement and support from the teacher. A sacred space is created collectively with focused intention for a state for deep experience.
IV. My Assumptions
My personal assumptions and/or biases regarding the course content come from my life time of personal Meditation and my focus and interest in Greco-Buddhism, Kashmir Shaivism, and the writings of the Japanese Buddhist Saints such as Kukai.
V. Course Requirements: Behavioral expectations:
Be timely. Dedicate oneself to the class with sincerity, enthusiasm and respect for others.
1. Class attendance and participation policy: Early is on time and on time is late…please arrive ten minutes before class. The integrity that you bring to class will determine your benefits from it. Students should enter into the class with a spirit of impeccability and sincerity, while honoring themselves and others in class. An Introduction to Spanda Meditation Certificate will be given.
2. Suggested Text:
a. Lipski, Alexander. The Essential Anandamayi Ma: / Words of Anandamayi Ma: Long Beach: 1984. Print. Word Wisdom publishing
b. Trungpa, Chogyam. Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism: Boston: Shambala, 2002. Print.
c. Bucke, Richard Maurice.Walt Whitman:Philadelphia: David McKay, 1883. Print.
d. Muktananda, Swami. Bhagawan Nityanada: Ganeshpuri:Gurudev Siddha Peeth, 1972. Print.
3. Students are encouraged to meditate together and to discuss information and concepts covered in the class.
VI. Accommodations for students with disabilities
In compliance with applicable legislation, laws, regulations, policies, I am available to discuss appropriate academic accommodations that may be required for student with disabilities. Requests for academic accommodations preferably should be made three weeks before the class, except for unusual circumstances, so arrangements can be made.
VII. Inclusivity Statement
We understand that students represent a rich variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Spanda Makt is committed to providing an atmosphere for learning that respects diversity. While working together to build this learning community we ask all members to:
• share their unique experiences, values and beliefs
• be open to the views of others
• honor the uniqueness of their colleagues
• appreciate the opportunity that we have to learn from each other in this community
• value each other’s opinions and communicate in a respectful manner
SOUL BASED LIVING
Soul Based Living offers ageless wisdom.
Soul Based Living is based on the Law of Correspondence, much like Dependent Origination, or Holographic Universe theory, and is based on nine values: Love, Inspiration, Wisdom, Perception, Imagination, Truth, Beauty, Excellence, and Gratitude.
Register and Pay: